APAC Assistance Director Paul Quaglia discusses East Asia Pacific security issues.
- The incumbent Bangladesh Awami League Party has won the general election held yesterday. Prime Minister Sheik Hasina will retain the office for the third consecutive term.
- The Bangladesh Awami League party won 267 seats out of 300 constituencies. Bangladeshi Nationalist Party could win only eight seats. The opposition parties have disputed the election results at a few voting centers.
- Clients are advised to be vigilant as the clashes between the supporters of political parties are likely to continue after the elections. Monitor alerts and advisories for further updates.
- The police in Delhi have banned vehicular traffic around Connaught Place today for the new year celebrations. Heavy traffic is expected near the central business district of Delhi.
- The restrictions will be imposed from 8 pm today in the vicinity of Connaught Place until the conclusion of new year celebrations.
- Clients are advised to follow the traffic directions and avoid Connaught Place area.