- A Christian congregation in Kolhapur was attacked Monday, December 24, by over 20 unidentified assailants. Twelve people were injured in the attack.
- The motives behind attack are unknown while the police investigation is ongoing. Communal clashes have been reported in some coservative areas of Maharashtra.
- Clients should employ caution while travelling to remote areas and avoid religious events in conservative areas.
- Yesterday a Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) party leader Syed Ali Raza Abidi was shot dead in Karachi. He was attacked by two unidentified assailants on a motorcycle who opened fire on his car in DHA neighborhood of Karachi.
- Police have reported that it was a targeted killing by trained assailants. The shooting is second such political killing in Karachi this week.
- Clients are advised to avoid areas with political offices and political events in Karachi. Monitor APAC Assistance alerts and advisories for further updates.